The mission of the Oak Grove Historical Society is to preserve and maintain the natural, civil, literary, commercial, economic and ecclesiastical history that has shaped our community so future generations can appreciate the heritage of their community and town.
To discover, procure, and preserve whatever may relate to the natural, civil literary and ecclesiastical history of the United States in general and to the community of Oak Gove, Missouri, in particular, and to establish and maintain collections in art and archaeology; and to acquire by gift, purchase or otherwise, buildings and other structures of historical significance in the Oak Grove, Missouri community, and to renovate, repair and preserve the same for the general benefit of the public and to charge, collect solicit and receive funds, donations and property, real or personal, to promote such purposes.
1. Purchase a building physical/plant.
2. Establish a working museum open to the public.
3. Establish a genealogy reference library.
4. Become an educational resource to the community through displays, programs, and historial presentations.
5. Provide financial and physical support for the preservation of Oak Grove history by collecting, preserving and archiving historical artifacts.
1. Membership growth of 20% during the first two years and 10% each year thereafter.
2. Establish temporary site for meetings and the display of donated historical items.
3. Establish a building fund with dollars ear marked for purchase of physical plant.
4. Provide historical programs and activities for members.